It may seem like we’re all still on a high from the Lioness’s emphatic European Championships victory but attention has quickly turned to the World Cup Qualifiers next month.
England will face Austria away on the 3rd of September before facing Luxembourg at home on the 6th.
Five Manchester United players are included in the squad including goalkeeper Mary Earps who played every minute of England’s Euros campaign.
Midfielder Ella Toone, who scored in the final is also in the side as is new signing Nikita Parris.
Alessia Russo who made headlines with that cheeky back heel in the semis has also been called up again.
A new addition to the 23-player squad is Katie Zelem who had been called up to the preliminary Euros squad but wasn’t involved in the actual tournament.
The United skipper will be hoping to make her mark in the qualifiers ahead of the World Cup Finals next year.
Over the past week, two England legends have announced their retirement from the game, Jill Scott and England’s top goal scorer Ellen White.
Ex-United youngster Lauren James also finds herself in the side as does Ebony Salmon.
Salmon never made an appearance for United despite being with the club for a season and now plays for Houston Dash.
James left united at the end of the 2020/21 season and joined Chelsea but has been plagued by injury since her arrival.
The three United players who were heavily involved in the Euros will be hungry for more success at the World Cup next summer whilst the new additions to the squad will no doubt be looking to impress boss Sarina Wiegman.
We wish the United girls in particular all the best in their upcoming matches.
- Online football content like you’ve never seen before
- Prepare for the game with our preview, team news and tactical analysis
- Get carefully selected news, transfer news, intelligent opinion and humour
- Instantly delivered to your device with easy and secure online ordering
- Click Preview to see more or buy now for just £1.25/$1.50
- Limited time offer: SAVE 33% on a season pass – use discount code SEASON33 at checkout.