Antony has successfully completed his medical and will be unveiled as a Manchester United player today.
That is according to transfer guru Fabrizio Romano, who earlier tweeted:
“Antony has successfully completed his medical and will be unveiled as new Man Utd player on Tuesday.
“#MUFC Martin Dubravka, set to undergo medical tests in the next 24h to complete his move.”
Antony has successfully completed his medical and will be unveiled as new Man Utd player on Tuesday. 🚨✅ #MUFC
Martin Dubravka, set to undergo medical tests in the next 24h to complete his move.
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 29, 2022
United agreed a deal with Ajax after the winger went on strike to push through a move to Old Trafford.
At £85m, Antony smashes the Eredivisie transfer record that was previously held by none other than Frenkie de Jong.
He becomes the third most expensive signing in Manchester United’s history.
However, there is plenty to suggest that the Brazilian will be a success at Old Trafford.
The United Matchday Magazine argues that both the statistics and tactical options offered by Antony could even make him invaluable to Erik ten Hag in his posting at United.
As per Romano, United are not finished with Antony as they look to strengthen their squad
Martin Dubravka’s loan move is also set to be completed.
With the Slovakian’s medical due today, their may well be a double unveiling.
United Matchday Magazine – the online football programme
D-Day. Vardy’s party. Arteta’s vendetta. United can crash them all in one week. Get your special DOUBLE issue of the United Matchday Magazine NOW.
- Online football content like you’ve never seen before
- Prepare for the game with our preview, team news and tactical analysis
- Get carefully selected news, transfer news, intelligent opinion and humour
- Instantly delivered to your device with easy and secure online ordering
- Click Preview to see more or buy the double issue now for just £2.00/$2.35
- Limited time offer: SAVE 33% on a season pass – use discount code SEASON33 at checkout.