Images from Liverpool’s latest training session have indicated a return to training for one of their star defenders, while it’s been reported that six more players are ‘expected’ to leave this summer.
Centre-back returns to action
Liverpool are back on home soil following their tour of Asia last week, and the latest images from the AXA Training Centre have provided something of an injury update.
Jurgen Klopp eased fears over the extent of Gomez’s issue after Friday’s friendly, and the defender’s involvement in Monday’s session suggests his absence from the match was nothing more than a precaution.
There was also no sign of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who picked up a hamstring injury against Palace on Friday and looks set for a spell on the sidelines, while youngsters Tom Hill and Melkamu Frauendorf again missed out, having picked up knocks towards the end of last week.
However, academy prospects Isaac Mabaya and Stefan Bajcetic were included, which could be a sign that they’re in line for more first-team involvement before the beginning of the season.
Less than three weeks to go until Fulham!
3 things today: 6 more departures ‘expected’ & Robbo’s wedding!
- Andy Robertson married his long-term partner Rachel Roberts in a ceremony earlier this summer, and an image of seven Liverpool players who were present has gone viral.
Latest Liverpool FC news
- The Brazilian says he also believes Mohamed Salah is “happier than before” after finally putting pen to paper on a new long-term contract with the club.
- Talented Liverpool youngster James Balagizi has made “an excellent start” to his spell on loan at Crawley Town, after being trialled in a surprising new position.
Latest transfer chat
- Paulo Dybala, who left Juventus upon the expiration of his contract at the end of last season, is now set to join Jose Mourinho’s Roma on a free transfer, according to Sky Italy.
- Bayern Munich are looking to soften the blow of Robert Lewandowski’s exit with the imminent signing of Matthijs de Ligt in a deal worth more than €80m. As long as they’re not putting him up front!
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has now officially signed a new one-year contract with AC Milan, an extension that will take him past his 41st birthday. Obviously just wants to say he played with Divock!
Tweet of the day and match of the night
We feel you, skipper!
Too hot, Hendo? ? pic.twitter.com/JuIsZDw5gb
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) July 18, 2022
The group stages at the Women’s Euros conclude with Iceland taking on France and Italy facing Belgium.
France have already booked their spot in the quarter-finals as group winners and all three other Group D teams are still in with a chance of joining them in the knockout stages.